Match Preview: Watford 0-0 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Watford – Tottenham betting tips for today, January 18, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 23
Kick-off: 13:30 Watford – Tottenham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
- Under manager Nigel Pearson, Watford have lost just one of seven competitive matches (W4, D2, L1). His arrival has particularly inspired the Hornets’ attack, with his charges scoring 2+ goals in five of those fixtures. They can also boast a record of leading at half-time in each of their previous four competitive matches.
- This weekend’s fixture vs Tottenham Hotspur, however, will put Watford’s improving form under Pearson to the test. They have lost nine of the previous 13 competitive H2H meetings with vs the Londoners (W1, D3, L9). Notably though, they did score in nine of the matches.
- Unlike his counterpart, José Mourinho is seeing his charm fade, with his Tottenham side having won just one of their previous five competitive matches (W1, D2, L2). A big problem for them in that time has been conceding first, with the ‘Lilywhites’ doing so in four of those five games.
- In this game, Mourhino will also be eager to sure up a leaking defence that has failed to keep a single away Premier League (PL) cleansheet this season. In fact, eight of their 12 PL away matches have actually seen them concede 2+ goals, and in turn, there have been over 2.5 goals in 15 of Spurs’ 22 PL matches thus far.
- Players to watch: Abdoulaye Doucoure has scored in each of his last two appearances for Watford, and he netted in the reverse fixture vs Spurs this season. Two of those three goals were game openers.
- Meanwhile, Tottenham attacking midfielder Dele Alli boasts two goals in his last three appearances vs Watford.
- Stat attack: Watford have received a red card in three of their previous four competitive matches.
- The last three H2H PL meetings have produced an average of 4.67 cards per-game.
- Tottenham’s win-rate as a betting favourite in their away league games this season stands at just 33.33%.
Match Preview: Sheffield Utd - Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Brighton 2-3 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Plzen 3-0 Sonderjyske Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League - Qualification