Match Preview: Venlo 1-1 PSV Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Venlo – PSV betting tips for today, January 19, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 19
Kick-off: 12:15 Venlo – PSV
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
- The only side still without a league draw (W5, L13), Venlo are currently on a nine-match losing run against the visitors in all competitions. They will have to try to stem the PSV tide, which saw them concede 31 goals (3.44 on average) across those matches, especially with both teams scoring in under half (40%) of the last ten H2Hs.
- For the benefit of the more optimistic home fans, four of Venlo’s five wins this season have come at home. In any case, goals either way have certainly been on offer, with 88.89% of Venlo’s home league matches featuring at least three goals.
- Appropriately in that context, every Eredivisie match involving PSV this season has featured at least two goals, with 11 of the last 12 producing at least three! That said, they finished 2019 by averaging just one goal scored in their last five Eredivisie away matches.
- PSV have been behind at half-time in 55.56% of their nine Eredivisie away matches, which is more than any other side entering the round in the upper half of the table. The ‘Boeren’ have also conceded first in six of nine away matches, twice being breached before the tenth minute mark.
- Players to watch: Peter van Ooijen (VEN) finished 2019 with three goals in six Eredivisie matches, with two of those being struck in the second half.
- PSV’s Cody Gakpo has two goals from his last three league appearances despite playing just 164 minutes in total therein.
- Stat attack: Venlo enter the round sporting the league’s highest tally of matches lost at both half-time/full-time.
- The hosts have conceded an average of 1.3 first-half goals across their home league games so far.
- PSV have conceded at least two goals in six of their last eight competitive away matches.