Match Preview: West Brom 0-1 Stoke Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
West Brom – Stoke betting tips for today, January 20, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 28
Kick-off: 21:00 West Brom – Stoke
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- With only one loss in their last 18 competitive matches (W10, D7, L1), promotion-chasing West Bromwich Albion enter round 28 with a league-high average of 1.85 goals scored per game. That, coupled with the fact the ‘Baggies’ have won the last three H2Hs – netting the opener by the 25th minute each time – makes them favourites here.
- Furthermore, West Brom have tasted defeat only once at The Hawthorns this Championship campaign (W6, D6, L1). Even so, the hosts have conceded in all 14 of their competitive home matches this term.
- Michael O’Neil travels here with a 33.33% win-rate as Stoke City boss (W4, D2, L6 – in all competitions). All four wins under his tenure featured Stoke scoring two or more goals, while each of the six defeats arrived by a one-goal margin. Five of those defeats were inflicted by teams in the Championship’s top half.
- However, the visitors won 5-2 in their previous Championship away fixture, breaking a four-game losing streak on the road. The ‘Potters’ have seen goals within the first 30 minutes in seven of their last nine away league fixtures, with the visitors netting in the opening 15 minutes in three of those games.
- Players to watch: Semi Ajayi has been West Brom’s first goalscorer in three of the four Championships games he’s found the net this season.
- Meanwhile, both of Sam Vokes’ (STO) away league goals this term have been match openers netted in the opening 15 minutes.
- Stat attack: The opener has been scored by the 25th minute in ten of West Brom’s last 11 Championship home games.
- Stoke have already scored more away league goals under O’Neil (11 goals in six matches) than they did in 17 games under Nathan Jones (nine).
- Of the league goals Stoke have conceded this term, 63.64% came during the second half.
Match Preview: Sheffield Utd - Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Brighton 2-3 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Plzen 3-0 Sonderjyske Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League - Qualification