Match Preview: Tranmere 1-1 Watford Prediction and Betting Tips | FA Cup
Tranmere – Watford betting tips for today, January 23, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/32-finals
Kick-off: 20:45 Tranmere – Watford
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Though spirited in the original tie, Tranmere Rovers are winless in their last seven fixtures across all competitions, winning just one of ten. They have conceded at least three goals in three of their previous seven games, though each of their last three victories have come at Prenton Park.
- One win in Tranmere’s last six matches at Prenton Park makes for poor reading in any case, but one positive exists, with the ‘Super White Army’ scoring in their last eight home matches; averaging 1.75 goals in that period. A fast start is anticipated either way, considering that their past six at home have produced a goal inside the opening 33 minutes.
- Watford’s unbeaten seven-game run includes four wins. This current sequence presents Watford’s longest run without a loss in a single season since May 2015, whilst they are averaging precisely 1.75 goals per game since Nigel Pearson’s appointment.
- The ‘Hornets’ head into this replay on the back of an excellent 3-0 win at Bournemouth in their last away game, which is their biggest margin of away victory since February. One potential concern is that only two clubs have conceded more away Premier League goals this season from the 75th minute onwards than Watford.
- Players to watch: Connor Jennings has netted six of his seven goals this season in Tranmere home matches, and in two of his last four appearances overall.
- Watford youngster Ayotomiwa Dele-Bashiru opened the scoring (inside 15 minutes) in the original tie at Vicarage Road.
- Stat attack: Tranmere have picked up just four clean sheets this season.
- Watford have won both away league games this season when keeping a clean sheet.
- Only Rochdale and Southend have fewer home points than Tranmere in League One action this season.