Match Preview: AZ Alkmaar 4-0 Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
AZ Alkmaar – Waalwijk betting tips for today, January 31, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 21
Kick-off: 20:00 AZ Alkmaar – Waalwijk
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
- AZ Alkmaar have the opportunity to put some serious pressure on Ajax, as victory here would bring the Alkmaarders level on points at the summit. They are enjoying their best 20-game start of the last decade based on points and goals conceded (0.75) whilst their average of 2.1 scored per match is less than only 2011/12.
- The hosts have conceded before half-time in just two of their ten Eredivisie home games, and only three sides have scored against them here this term. Over two-thirds of AZ’s overall league victories have come at both HT/FT (71.43%) and with a 2+ goal margin (71.43%), whilst four of their seven at home saw a 3+ goal margin.
- Conversely, there’s been only eight instances where a newly-promoted side have picked up less than RKC Waalwijk’s 11 points after 20 games since the Eredivisie’s inception (1954/55). That’s partially due to their tendency to collapse late on, as Waalwijk have shipped 19 goals beyond the 75th minute (0.95 per match average), and ten across their away games (1.0).
- Waalwijk don’t tend to start badly in their away league games (HT: W3, D3, L4) – however as a result of their second-half collapse, no side has dropped more points from a leading half-time position away (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Myron Boadu drew level as Eredivisie top-scorer with a second-half winner last time out (12 goals) – all of his home goals this term featured in Alkmaar wins ‘to nil’.
- Waalwijk’s sole away victory vs a top-half outfit this season came courtesy of a Melle Meulensteenstrike – he also scored vs PSV.
- Stat attack: Only Heerenveen have received fewer than AZ’s 20 yellow cards (1.0 per match).
- Waalwijk league games average 1.55 total first-half goals per match (AZ: 1.5).
- Waalwijk are amongst the Eredivisie’s worst-disciplined sides (42 yellow, five reds – 2.35).
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan - Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League
Match Preview: K. Almaty 2-1 FK Crvena Zvezda Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Alashkert 0-1 Sheriff Tiraspol Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Inter Turku 0-1 HIFK Prediction and Betting Tips | Veikkausliiga