Match Preview: Granada CF 2-1 Espanyol Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Granada CF – Espanyol betting tips for today, February 1, 2020
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 22
Kick-off: 13:00 Granada CF – Espanyol
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
- With four wins from five La Liga (LL) contests at home (W4, L1) to other clubs in the bottom half of the table, Granada ought to be confident of snapping an eight-year drought at home to Espanyol. That drought has seen them fail to win any of the last five H2H home games (D2, L3).
- Granada’s last 16 LL points have been collected within the comforts of Nuevo Estadio de Los Cármenes, and they remain the only team in the league to maintain a perfect record when opening the scoring at any venue (W8).
- Espanyol’s paltry tally of three first-half goals on the road so far this LL campaign bodes poorly for them. Yet, with two of their three away victories accompanied by 1-0 half-time leads, they could position themselves to shock if they can become only the second team to score before the break at Granada.
- It is after the break, however, where Espanyol have truly faltered. A huge -15 of their -21 goal difference across the league season has been accrued after half-time, contributing to four losses from the five LL away games in which they have conceded the first goal of the game.
- Players to watch: Antonio Puertas (GRA) recorded the opening (and decisive) goal in the reverse H2H. In fact, three of his last four goals have decisively put Granada 1-0 up in clean-sheet wins.
- Returning to some much-needed goalscoring form, Raúl de Tomás (ESP) has notched goals (with each being the second of the overall match total) in each of his last two starts.
- Stat attack: Granada are averaging a lowly 4.70 corners per-league game at home.
- A red card has been shown in four of Espanyol’s last seven LL fixtures.
- Both teams have scored in all but one of the last seven H2H meetings.
Match Preview: Waalwijk - Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-1 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga
Match Preview: Sassuolo 0-2 Spal Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia