Match Preview: Sampdoria 2-4 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Sampdoria – Napoli betting tips for today, February 3, 2020
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 22
Kick-off: 20:45 Sampdoria – Napoli
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:4 WON!!!
- Sampdoria have picked up 40% of their Serie A (SA) season points in their last six fixtures (eight of 20), but the relegation threat still looms large. The hosts have struggled with their starts, remaining the only SA side that have failed to score in the first 30 minutes, while netting just five of 20 overall league goals before the interval. First-half blanks in 17 of their 21 SA games means Sampdoria have led just twice at the interval.
- Scoring obviously is a problem area, with eight blanks and ten SA games featuring exactly one Sampdoria goal. Four of their five SA wins have subsequently come via a single-goal margin, with three ending 1-0. Amid all that, Sampdoria have managed to pick up 13 of 20 SA points at home.
- It’s too early to speak of a Napoli revival, but a 2-1 win over Juventus halted a three-match losing streak in SA. That score remains Napoli’s staple, with six of their 15 SA matches to see a winner finishing 2-1. Furthermore, ten of those aforementioned 15 were decided by a single-goal margin.
- That said, four of Napoli’s last seven SA away matches have been draws, with three finishing 1-1. However, just one clean sheet in their ten SA road trips speak of Napoli’s defensive struggles. Scoring first is an advantage though, with the team doing so remaining unbeaten in 16 of Napoli’s 19 SA matches, excluding goalless draws (W12, D4, L3).
- Players to watch: Fabio Quagliarella has been Sampdoria’s last scorer in each of the three SA matches he netted. Meanwhile, Arkadiusz Milik has been Napoli’s first scorer with five of his six SA strikes.
- Stat attack: Sampdoria have managed seven SA clean sheets, but have conceded at least twice in ten of 14 matches otherwise.
- Six of Napoli’s 29 SA goals against have come beyond the 80th minute.
- Both teams have scored in eight of Napoli’s ten SA road trips.
Match Preview: Willem II - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AS Roma 1-1 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Millwall 1-2 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Brentford 1-1 Cardiff Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship