Levante – Leganes betting tips for today, February 8, 2020
- Levante may have won three of the last five top-flight H2Hs (D1, L1), but with just three wins from seven La Liga (LL) home games against teams in the bottom half of the table (D2, L2), inconsistent home form leaves them far from guaranteed of another H2H victory here.
- A fifth consecutive LL loss would cap off their longest losing streak of the last decade, having suffered no more than four straight losses even in their 2015/16 relegation-bound campaign. After failing to record the opener in their last four league losses, Levante have now conceded first on 12 separate occasions, but enjoy an impressive W3, L2 record on the five occasions when doing so in LL games at home.
- That does not bode well for Leganés, who have scored first in just three LL away games – all through Martin Braithwaite – only to concede and drop points inside the final 30 minutes on each occasion (D2, L1).
- Two of their last three LL away games – all drawn – have been accompanied by half-time leads, but a -9 goal difference after the 60th minute on the road has condemned them to a winless D2, L4 record when falling behind first in LL away football.
- Players to watch: Roger Martí (LEV) has opened the scoring in two of his last three H2Hs – both victories. Meanwhile, leading Leganés goalscorer Martin Braithwaite found his side’s only goal in the reverse fixture.
- Stat attack: Referee José Luis González González is averaging six yellow cards per game across his last five LL appearances.
- The away team on the day has not won any of the nine LL 2019/20 games González has taken charge of (D6, L3)!
- Levante have had a player sent off in three of their last seven LL home games.
- Leganés have collected more yellow cards this LL season than all but one club (3.18 per game).