Match Preview: Spal 1-2 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Spal – Sassuolo betting tips for today, February 9, 2020
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 23
Kick-off: 12:30 Spal – Sassuolo
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Spal remain rock-bottom of the Serie A (SA) table after seven losses from their last nine league games (W2, L7). There’s been many missed opportunities this season though, with 50% of their fixtures going into the break level, and seven returning goalless first halves.
- A bigger problem, though, is their tendency to concede first – no team has conceded more SA openers than Spal (16). Subsequently, only Sampdoria have scored fewer SA openers than Spal (five). Notably, each of Spal’s four league wins have come via a one-goal margin, but eight of their 15 losses have arrived by at least a two-goal margin.
- That could play to Sassuolo’s strength, as five of their seven SA season wins have come with at least a two-goal margin. Sassuolo travel here with seven points from their last three games (26.92% of their season total). Goals are a constant theme, as 17 of Sassuolo’s 22 SA matches have produced over 2.5 total match goals, including nine witnessing over 3.5.
- Sassuolo have been leading at half-time in just one of their 11 SA away matches, although four were goalless at the interval. With 12 first-half clean sheets home and away, it is understandable that 18.92% of Sassuolo’s SA goals against (7/37) have come beyond the 80th minute.
- Players to watch: Andrea Petagna has been Spal’s first scorer with six of his last seven SA goals, whilst Domenico Berardi has done the same for Sassuolo in four of the six SA matches he’s found the net.
- Stat attack: Spal have failed to score a first-half goal in 15 of their 22 matches, including ten of their last 13.
- Sassuolo are yet to score a SA penalty, while 18.75% of Spal’s SA home goals against (3/16) have come from the spot.
- Sassuolo’s fixtures have averaged 12.00 corners per SA match.