Match Preview: Venlo 1-0 Heracles Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Venlo – Heracles betting tips for today, February 14, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 23
Kick-off: 20:00 Venlo – Heracles
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
- After winning just one of their final four games of 2019 (W1, L3), VVV-Venlo are yet to taste defeat this decade (W1, D3) with all three draws ending 1-1 and against higher-placed opposition. Notably though, Venlo conceded a goal after taking the lead in all three of the drawn games this year.
- None of Venlo’s goals in the league scored at home this year have come before half-time (HT: D3, L1), which fits with the trend of the season in which nine of their 13 scored goals here have come beyond the interval (69.23%). As such, they have led at the break just twice here this term (HT: W2, D3, L6).
- Visiting Heracles Almelo notched their first victory of 2020 last time out (2-0 vs Sittard), ending a six game winless run in the league (W1, D2, L4). Though that victory keeps their faint European aspirations alive, Heracles’ away form is woeful with the visitors winless on opposition turf since September (D3, L5).
- Unsurprisingly, Heracles have conceded the opener in seven of their 11 away league games this season despite the first half seeing over 1.5 goals in just one of those matches (HT: W2, D4, L5). Consequently, the majority of both their scored (66.66%) and conceded (62.5%) away league goals have come in the second half (1.46 second-half goals per-match).
- Players to watch: Jonathan Opoku scored Venlo’s first team goal in three of their four 2020 matches, two of which came from the penalty spot.
- Top-scorer Cyriel Dessers (14 goals) scored Heracles’ only two away league goals across the last 567 minutes of play, both of which came in the second half.
- Stat attack: Nine of Venlo’s 13 league defeats this season have come with a 3+ goal margin.
- Venlo and Heracles have each received 36 yellow cards so far this season (1.64 per-match on average).
- Seven of Heracles’ last eight away league games have produced under 2.5 total goals (1.88 per-match on average).