Match Preview: Sevilla 2-2 Espanyol Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Sevilla – Espanyol betting tips for today, February 16, 2020
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 24
Kick-off: 12:00 Sevilla – Espanyol
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
- After losing just one of their last nine La Liga (LL) fixtures at home (W5, D3), Sevilla are gradually improving upon a win rate of 45.45% as a favourite at home. An unbeaten run spanning nearly ten years at home to Espanyol in all competitions (W8, D2) should drive them to record a sixth LL home victory.
- Sevilla have been defensively sound at home to bottom-half clubs in their home campaign, with no team positioned tenth or lower in the table (after 23 rounds) managing to find the back of the net twice at Sevilla. What’s more, a +7 goal difference at home to all LL clubs after the first 15 minutes has helped them remain unbeaten (W4, D2) at home when opening the scoring.
- Scoring the first goal may well be enough for Sevilla to secure all three points, as Espanyol have lost each of their last four LL fixtures on the road when conceding the first goal.
- A meagre solitary equaliser scored away from home in their entire LL campaign means that Espanyol’s chances will likely all come down to their first-half performance: they have converted their two half-time leads into victory, while losing on each of the four occasions in which they trailed at the break on the road.
- Players to watch: Luuk de Jong (SEV) may return to the starting XI after scoring in two of his last three LL starts.
- Raúl de Tomás has been worth his club record transfer fee so far, scoring in each of his four LL matches this season. His last three have also seen him record Espanyol’s first goal of the game.
- Stat attack: Sevilla are averaging more corners (5.83) at home than any other LL club after 23 rounds this season.
- All but one of Espanyol’s last five LL matches have seen both teams score.
- Referee Adrián Cordero Vega has awarded an average of 2.25 yellow cards per game across his last four LL matches.