Match Preview: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Atletico Madrid – Liverpool betting tips for today, February 18, 2020
Football: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 21:00 Atletico Madrid – Liverpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- Atlético Madrid are out of sorts with just one win from their last seven competitive matches (W1, D2, L4). Goals have been especially hard to come by, with just one of the seven featuring three total goals or more, and with Atlético finding the net just four times (0.57 per-match on average).
- Historically hard to score against, Atlético have kept just three clean sheets (if not counting extra-time) in their last ten competitive matches. Somewhat better continentally, they kept a clean sheet in half their group stage matches, and have conceded just four goals in their last 12 home matches in all competitions.
- Liverpool, meanwhile, are defending UEFA Champions League (UCL) holders and have never looked better. They are on a run of 16 straight wins (excluding domestic cups), impressingly keeping a clean sheet in 12 of those 16 matches.
- In two straight prior seasons of reaching the UCL final, Liverpool have lost just two of 12 matches overall in the knockout stages. In their Round-of-16 ties therein, they won the away leg and drew the home encounter in both seasons, covering a -1.5 goal handicap in both away matches.
- Players to watch: Both of Alvaro Morata’s (ATL) UCL goals this season have been scored after the 75th minute.
- Meanwhile, Mohamed Salah (LIV) has three goals in his last three competitive matches. Three of his four UCL goals have come in the second half, and he netted the last goal in two of six group stage matches.
- Stat attack: Two of six group stage matches involving Atlético featured at least three goals.
- Just five of Atlético’s 15 competitive home matches this season have featured both teams scoring.
- In Liverpool’s six group stage matches, four goals were scored after the 80th minute.