Match Preview: Willem II 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Willem II – Groningen betting tips for today, February 28, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 25
Kick-off: 20:00 Willem II – Groningen
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
- Despite conceding fewer goals (1.29 per-match) than at this stage of any top-flight campaign in the last decade, Willem II enter the fray having won just one of their last five league matches. Consequently, they are the joint-worst form side currently in the top-seven across that period (W1, D2, L2).
- Willem are yet to win when level or behind at half-time at home (HT: W6, D5, L1). As a result, all of their home league victories have come after a won first half. Thus, it’s unsurprising to see that the vast majority of their scored league goals here came before the break (71.43%).
- FC Groningen’s charge for the play-offs faltered with a shock defeat to Venlo last time out, though that game carried on a run of five straight games settled with a single-goal margin (W3, L2). Notably, the first half averaged exactly one goal pre-match during said run.
- The visitors have picked up just 37.14% of their points away from home, and that can partly be attributed to complacency late in both halves. Nine of their 13 conceded away league goals have been scored by opponents between 31′-HT (four) or 76′-FT (five). Such goals have also contributed to all away defeats this term.
- Players to watch: Former Groningen man Paul Gladon scored his first Willem II goal last time out, getting a last-gasp equaliser here vs Utrecht.
- Ramon-Pascal Lundqvist ended Groningen’s barren 272-minute run without an away goal, with a goal and an assist before half-time last time out on the road.
- Stat attack: Four of Willem boss Adrie Koster’s last six H2Hs with Groningen saw under 2.5 total goals (W2, D1, L3).
- Both sides have received an equal 38 yellow cards this Eredivisie season (1.58 per-match each).
- Nine of Groningen’s last 11 Eredivisie games have produced under 2.5 goals.
Match Preview: Middlesbrough - Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting - Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga
Match Preview: Sassuolo 0-2 Spal Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia
Match Preview: Fiorentina 1-1 Inter Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia