Chelsea – Liverpool betting tips for today, March 3, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 20:45 Chelsea – Liverpool
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- Finalists in two of the last three seasons and FA Cup winners in 2017/18, Chelsea face a monumental task vs Premier League leaders Liverpool. They have won just two of their last eight competitive matches (D3, L3), not keeping a single clean sheet across those, and conceding 1.75 goals on average.
- Even with home advantage, Frank Lampard’s men have been leaky defensively, conceding two goals or more in three of their last four competitive matches. Often one-sided affairs, just one team has found the net in six of the Blues’ last eight matches at home.
- Liverpool travel after suffering their second defeat in three competitive matches. Their domestic cup matches have thus far been high-scorers, with 3.83 total goals being the average from six FA Cup/EFL Cup matches involving the ‘Reds’ to date.
- Away from home, Liverpool have failed to score in two straight competitive matches, but in the bigger picture, have scored two goals or more in (two-thirds) ten of their last 15 away matches. Just two of their last five on the road have featured at least three goals or more.
- Players to watch: Marcos Alonso has three goals for Chelsea in his last three matches. Six of his last seven home goals have been the last of each day, including his sole prior FA Cup goal. Meanwhile, Liverpool youngster Curtis Jones has two goals from the last three FA Cup rounds.
- Stat attack: Seven of Chelsea’s last nine goals have been scored by defenders.
- Liverpool players have been shown at least two yellow cards in three straight visits to Stamford Bridge.
- Of the last eight H2Hs in domestic competitions, nearly half (three) have ended 2-1 to the winner.
- Both teams have scored in four of the last five competitive H2Hs.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: