Match Preview: Club America 0-1 Cruz Azul Prediction and Betting Tips | Liga MX
Club America – Cruz Azul betting tips for today, March 16, 2020
Football: MEXICO: Liga MX – Clausura – Round 10
Kick-off: 03:15 Club America – Cruz Azul
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Club América’s 3-0 loss in their last Liga MX (LMX) home outing bore some significance, with three of their four home league fixtures to date seeing only one side hit the back of the net. Intriguingly, only two of the last seven competitive H2Hs have also witnessed both teams scoring.
- Here, ‘Las Águilas’ will be looking to build on their outstanding historical top-flight H2H home record against Cruz Azul (W11, D9, L4). However, with at least one goal seen after the 75th minute in each of their last three home league games, this match may well witness some late drama.
- Cruz Azul enter this cross-city derby hoping to complete a run of six consecutive wins in the league for the first time since 2014! Overall, Cruz Azul’s matches this LMX campaign have witnessed a league-high average of 4.11 goals per game, with each of their nine league games so far featuring over 2.5 goals.
- Encouragingly, the visitors have scored over 1.5 goals in three of their four road trips this LMX season. Conceding the first goal here may not be a problem as well, as ‘Los Cementeros’ have lost just one of the three league games in which they have shipped the opening goal this season (W2, L1).
- Players to watch: Cruz Azul’s top league scorer, Jonathan Rodriguez, has scored the opener in the last two top-flight H2Hs.
- Meanwhile, Club América’s Federico Viñas has netted his team’s second goal in the two league games in which he’s scored.
- Stat attack: Club América have won all five LMX games in which they scored first this campaign.
- Cruz Azul’s away league fixtures this term have averaged a league-high 2.50 first-half goals per game.
- This derby has seen a fiery 20 yellow cards and one red across the last three top-flight H2Hs.