Match Preview: WS Wanderers 1-1 Sydney FC Prediction and Betting Tips | A-League
WS Wanderers – Sydney FC betting tips for today, March 21, 2020
Football: AUSTRALIA: A-League – Round 24
Kick-off: 09:30 WS Wanderers – Sydney FC
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- With the Western Sydney Wanderers having inflicted upon Sydney FC their only two defeats of this A-League season, they’ll be primed to find consecutive home victories for the first time since the opening month of the season.
- Western Sydney have been short of upsets as a whole across the season, lamenting a win/draw rate of just 38.46% (W4, D1, L8) as an outsider in A-League football at any venue. However, after six consecutive defeats to Sydney FC, they remain unbeaten in three derbies (W2, D1), having been classified as the underdog on all three occasions.
- Sydney’s recent 0-0 home draw vs Perth capped off the first three-game period of their A-League campaign in which they dropped points on two occasions (W1, D1, L1). It was also just the third time in 19 A-League games that they had failed to score, with the Wanderers responsible for the other two.
- Even on the road, Sydney remain a force to be reckoned with. An aggregate score of 11-1 across the second half in away A-League matches have helped them record five HT/FT away victories, as well as an unbeaten away record (W6, D1, L0) when opening the scoring.
- Players to watch: Western Sydney captain Mitch Duke netted the only goal in each of his two victories over Sydney FC this season.
- Golden Boot contender Adam Le Fondre has found the back of the net in 11 of his last 16 league games, with nine of them being Sydney’s first of the match.
- Stat attack: Just four of the last 11 derbies have seen both teams score.
- The last six derbies (in all competitions) have seen at least five yellow cards awarded.
- Just three of the last eight derbies have had the HT result replicated at the final whistle.