Jalapa 3-1 Masaya Prediction and Betting Tips | Liga Primera
Jalapa – Masaya betting tips for today, May 4, 2020
Football: NICARAGUA: Liga Primera – Relegation – Final
Kick-off: 00:00 Jalapa – Masaya
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
- Despite netting a sixth minute opener in the first leg, Municipal Jalapa forfeited victory to ten-man Deportivo Masaya by conceding twice after the 70th minute. Not only was that defeat Jalapa’s fourth in a row, all four featured over 2.5 goals and both teams scoring, whilst three saw the opener netted by the tenth minute and the final match goal scored after the 85th.
- Although a three-game winless streak at home is worrying (D1, L2), it’s worth noting that Jalapa have conceded more than once in just one of their previous nine home matches. In fact, five of their last six victories here came ‘to nil’, with the last two seeing them lead at half-time.
- Masaya defied the odds in the first leg, although that result followed a similar pattern – their last seven games have all featured over 2.5 goals, with six seeing both teams score. It was also their second match in a row where the opener was netted before the tenth minute.
- Away from home, Masaya have lost two of their last three games, with all three matches producing over 3.5 goals. They did lead at half-time and win 5-0 in their last road trip though, so the plucky second-tier visitors could have the ability to spring another surprise here.
- Players to watch: Gabriel Coelho scored the opener in the first leg, and has netted three of Jalapa’s last four goals at home. Meanwhile, Masaya midfielder Jonathan Gutiérrez netted a late winner in the first leg.
- Stat attack: Although on a seven-game winless streak, Jalapa have netted exactly once in four consecutive matches.
- There’s been an average of 4.4 goals per game across Masaya’s previous five fixtures.
- None of Jalapa’s previous eight victories saw them score more than twice.