Regensburg – Holstein Kiel betting tips for today, May 16, 2020
- Regensburg haven’t drawn a game in 12 Bundesliga 2 (BL2) fixtures (W5, L7), in a run that saw both teams score in just five matches. The last four games did see a drawn first half however, and four of the last six saw Regensburg concede the opening goal.
- At home, the first goal has been a defining feature, with the three BL2 home games in which Regensburg conceded first this season seeing them fall to defeat. In contrast, four of the previous five BL2 home games in which they netted first, they won – the same is true for the last two competitive home H2Hs in which they scored the opener.
- Holstein Kiel travel here on a three-game winless run (D1, L2), and have conceded in five straight matches. Furthermore, with 13 of their previous 15 BL2 matches featuring both teams scoring, and ten producing over 2.5 goals, an entertaining game seems highly possible.
- The division’s second-best away side (W6, D2, L5) have also lost just one of their last seven away games (W4, D2, L1), and have netted an average of 1.77 goals per road trip this term – the league’s second highest. Their recent good streak will likely continue if they net first – Holstein are unbeaten when scoring first away from home this league campaign (W5, D1).
- Players to watch: Marco Grüttner’s previous three BL2 strikes for Regensburg came between the 30th minute and half-time. Meanwhile, Lee Jae-sung has been Holstein’s first goalscorer in all six BL2 games he’s found the net this season.
- Stat attack: Regensburg have scored just once at home during the opening 30 minutes this BL2 campaign.
- In contrast, Holstein have scored nine of their 23 away league goals in the opening half-hour.
- The opener was scored within the first 20 minutes in five of the previous six H2Hs.
|Head-to-head matches: REGENSBURG – HOLSTEIN KIEL|
|06.10.19||2BUN||Holstein Kiel||Regensburg||1 : 2|
|03.02.19||2BUN||Holstein Kiel||Regensburg||2 : 0|
|26.08.18||2BUN||Regensburg||Holstein Kiel||0 : 0|
|03.02.18||2BUN||Holstein Kiel||Regensburg||1 : 1|
|26.08.17||2BUN||Regensburg||Holstein Kiel||1 : 2|