Celta Vigo – Alaves betting tips for today, June 21, 2020
Match Preview and Predictions
- Celta Vigo’s goalless draw in their previous La Liga (LL) outing bore some significance, with each of their last five league fixtures producing under 1.5 goals (0.4 goals on average per match). Intriguingly, that’s also been the case in the last four competitive H2Hs held here.
- At home, Celta’s matches this LL campaign have witnessed a league-low average of 1.64 goals per game, and subsequently, the vast majority (78.57%) of their home league games have featured under 2.5 goals. Unsurprisingly then, each of their last six win/loss top-flight home matches ended up being settled by a one-goal margin (W3, L3), including five via a 1-0 scoreline either way.
- Deportivo Alavés 2-0 home win in their last LL outing ended a winless run of three straight league fixtures (D2, L1). Significantly, each of their last four top-flight games have witnessed two goals precisely, and all but one of their eight LL draws to date featured a 1-1 scoreline.
- Poor first halves on the road remain a major concern though, as Alavés are the only LL side yet to lead at half-time away this campaign (HT: D7, L7). However, scoring first could be the best way to get a positive result, as the visitors are unbeaten in all four LL away matches in which they netted the opener (W2, D2).
- Players to watch: Celta’s Iago Aspas has scored seven of his nine LL goals so far from the 61st minute onwards. Meanwhile, Joselu (ALA) has scored over half (five) of his nine league strikes after the 75th minute.
- Stat attack: Celta have won just two of the 11 top-flight home games that they started as betting favourites this campaign.
- A penalty has been awarded in 57.14% of Alavés’ LL away games this season.
- Home teams have won only 40% of the 2019/20 LL matches refereed by Adrián Cordero Vega.
|Head-to-head matches: CELTA VIGO – ALAVES|
|20.10.19||LL||Alaves||Celta Vigo||2 : 0|
|23.02.19||LL||Alaves||Celta Vigo||0 : 0|
|19.10.18||LL||Celta Vigo||Alaves||0 : 1|
|03.02.18||LL||Alaves||Celta Vigo||2 : 1|
|10.09.17||LL||Celta Vigo||Alaves||1 : 0|