Leicester – Brighton betting tips for today, June 23, 2020
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sitting third in the Premier League (PL), Leicester City returned from the hiatus with a draw at the weekend and have now won just one of their last six league matches (W1, D3, L2). Against Brighton & Hove Albion they are unbeaten across five PL H2Hs (W4, D1), scoring precisely twice on four of those occasions.
- The goals have come few and late in Leicester’s matches recently – just nine total goals have been scored across their last six competitive matches (1.5 on average), with four of those games featuring under 1.5 goals. A whopping seven of those nine goals arrived from the 70th minute onwards.
- Brighton, meanwhile, marked the PL comeback by beating Arsenal – their first win in ten league fixtures (D6, L3). That 2-1 victory was only the ninth time in 30 rounds that they managed to score more than one goal, and the only league game across their last five to feature three total goals or more.
- The ‘Seagulls’ away form won’t drive much fear into an opponent’s heart though – with just one win from 14 away matches since their opening day victory against Watford (D5, L8). Additionally, in their last three PL away matches featuring both teams to score, Brighton conceded the first goal. This usually spells disaster, as they’ve only managed to salvage one draw from the six away league matches in which they trailed at half-time.
- Players to watch: PL top scorer Jamie Vardy (LEI) has 19 goals, and has scored in four straight H2Hs. Meanwhile, Neal Maupay has two goals in his last four matches for Brighton.
- Stat attack: Leicester have won 66.67% of their home matches entered as favourites this PL season.
- Across the last five H2Hs, 72.73% of the goals scored arrived during the second half.
- Nine of Brighton’s last 11 PL away matches saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: LEICESTER – BRIGHTON|
|23.11.19||PL||Brighton||Leicester||0 : 2|
|26.02.19||PL||Leicester||Brighton||2 : 1|
|24.11.18||PL||Brighton||Leicester||1 : 1|
|31.03.18||PL||Brighton||Leicester||0 : 2|
|19.08.17||PL||Leicester||Brighton||2 : 0|