Aston Villa 0-1 Wolves Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Aston Villa – Wolves betting tips for today, June 27, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 32
Kick-off: 12:30 Aston Villa – Wolves
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Relegation-threatened Aston Villa are winless in seven Premier League (PL) matches (D2, L5), and concerningly, each of those defeats saw them concede 2+ goals. That shouldn’t come as a huge shock though, given that Villa have conceded a league-high 1.90 goals on average per game.
- Trailing at half-time in four of their previous seven league matches coincides with Villa’s often slow starts to fixtures this season – particularly at home. They have a goal difference of -6 (GF:3, GA:9) inside the opening 30 minutes of their PL home games this campaign, but have countered these slow starts by scoring five of their previous seven home goals after half-time.
- Champions League chasing Wolverhampton Wanderers are undefeated in seven PL matches (W4, D3), securing six clean sheets during that run. Notably, they scored six of their nine goals in that sequence after half-time, and have netted 72.72% of their PL away goals during the second half.
- The visitors boast a near-perfect record vs the current bottom five this season (W8, L1), and netted exactly two goals in six of those matches. They have failed to score more than once in each of their previous five competitive visits to Villa Park though, where they are winless in four (D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Jack Grealish remains Villa’s top PL scorer with seven goals – four of which came before half-time. Meanwhile, Wolves’ Raúl Jiménez has four goals across his previous five PL matches, with each arriving in the second half.
- Stat attack: There’s been over 2.5 goals in 66.67% of Villa’s PL home games this term.
- Villa’s average of 6.87 corners conceded per game is the league’s third-highest.
- Wolves have conceded just one away league goal after the 60th minute.
- The last three competitive H2Hs saw at least one goal scored before half-time.
|Head-to-head matches: ASTON VILLA – WOLVES|
|10.11.19||PL||Wolves||Aston Villa||2 : 1|
|30.10.19||EFL||Aston Villa||Wolves||2 : 1|
|10.03.18||CHA||Aston Villa||Wolves||4 : 1|
|14.10.17||CHA||Wolves||Aston Villa||2 : 0|
|14.01.17||CHA||Wolves||Aston Villa||1 : 0|