Hull 2-1 Middlesbrough Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Hull – Middlesbrough betting tips for today, July 2, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 40
Kick-off: 17:00 Hull – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Failing to win last time out despite leading 2-0 and 3-2, Hull City have extended their winless Championship run to 13 games (D3, L10), and as such this is a huge relegation ‘six-pointer’. Hull have found the net in seven of their last 11 fixtures though, and five of the last six H2Hs.
- Keeping a clean sheet could be key as four of Hull’s six home league victories this term came ‘to nil’. They haven’t, however, registered a league clean sheet here during 2020 (D1, L6), conceding an average of 2.57 goals per match across that period. Notably, 35.29% of Hull’s conceded home league goals this season came after the 75th minute, including six across their last six games.
- Neil Warnock became the first Middlesbrough manager to win an opening game since Bryan Robson (1994). After two consecutive away clean sheet victories, Boro are chalked up as favourites here, and possess a 75% unbeaten rate in such league games this term (W6, D6, L4).
- Since Middlesbrough’s relegation, they have failed to follow up consecutive away league victories with a third on each occasion (D1, L4). Notably, Middlesbrough have failed to score in their last four such ‘third’ games following back-to-back victories, losing by a single-goal margin in each defeat, and receiving a red card in two.
- Players to watch: Three of Tom Eaves’ five league goals this season came at home – he also netted Hull’s first goal in the reverse fixture.
- Ashley Fletcher bagged a first-half opener for Middlesbrough last time out, although his five league goals prior came after the first match goal.
- Stat attack: Hull have lost at both HT/FT in seven of their last eight home league games.
- Warnock sides have conceded 2+ goals in five of his last seven managerial H2Hs with Hull (W2, D1, L4).
- Middlesbrough have scored more away goals between 61’-75’ (nine) than before HT (seven).
|Head-to-head matches: HULL – MIDDLESBROUGH|
|24.11.19||CHA||Middlesbrough||Hull||2 : 2|
|13.04.19||CHA||Middlesbrough||Hull||1 : 0|
|29.09.18||CHA||Hull||Middlesbrough||1 : 1|
|20.02.18||CHA||Middlesbrough||Hull||3 : 1|
|31.10.17||CHA||Hull||Middlesbrough||1 : 3|
Match Preview: Waalwijk - Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-1 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga
Match Preview: Sassuolo 0-2 Spal Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia