Huddersfield 2-1 West Brom Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Huddersfield – West Brom betting tips for today, July 17, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 45
Kick-off: 17:30 Huddersfield – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- A 4-0 thumping of Norwich gave West Ham United their second win across their last four Premier League (PL) games, and means the ‘Hammers’ previous four league victories saw them score 3+ goals. They’ve now picked up points in all six league games this calendar year in which they netted first (W3, D3), but seven of their nine PL defeats across that same period saw them lose ‘to nil’.
- At home, hot and cold West Ham have failed to score in three of their last six games, but netted three goals in each of the other three. They’ll be looking to start well considering four of their five PL home wins came with a HT lead, and they’re unbeaten in seven of the nine home league games in which they scored first (W4, D3, L2).
- Despite two consecutive 2-1 victories, relegation-threatened Watford have actually conceded the opener in seven straight PL matches (W2, D1, L4). An average of 0.94 goals scored per PL game has been one of their main downfalls, and is similar to their goals average across the last four H2Hs (1.0).
- Winless in six consecutive PL away games, including losing the last four ‘to nil’ after conceding a first-half opener in three, it’s little surprise their goals scored average reduces to just 0.65 when looking at only top-flight road trips.
- Players to watch: Michail Antonio scored four goals last time out, and has now netted the opener before the 15th minute in two of West Ham’s last three games. Meanwhile, Troy Deeney netted a brace in Watford’s last match and scored the opener in the previous H2H held here.
- Stat attack: Four of West Ham’s five PL home wins saw a 2+ goal margin.
- There’s been three penalties across Watford’s last three games, and one in three straight H2Hs.
- Six of the previous eight H2Hs saw the opener netted within the first 15 minutes.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST HAM – WATFORD|
|24.08.19||PL||Watford||West Ham||1 : 3|
|12.05.19||PL||Watford||West Ham||1 : 4|
|22.12.18||PL||West Ham||Watford||0 : 2|
|10.02.18||PL||West Ham||Watford||2 : 0|
|19.11.17||PL||Watford||West Ham||2 : 0|