Charlton 2-2 Wigan Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Charlton – Wigan betting tips for today, July 18, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 45
Kick-off: 12:30 Charlton – Wigan
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Winless in their last five Championship matches (D2, L3), Charlton Athletic haven’t netted +1.5 goals in ten league matches and have scored the league’s third-lowest average goals this term (1.09). But while Charlton have scored first in half of their 44 league matches, the ‘Addicks’ have conceded the second-most equalising goals in the league (16).
- Fans of the Addicks have seen 1-0 scorelines in 40.91% of league matches here, and accordingly, Charlton’s last four consecutive games here ended 1-0 (W1, L3). Yet although Charlton have lost ‘to-nil’ in the most home league games herein (31.82%), they’ve not lost here when scoring first (W6, D3), and have trailed at the break in the second-fewest home league games (L3).
- Equalling the biggest-ever Championship win after an 8-0 rout last time out, Wigan Athletic have lost one of their last 13 matches (W8, D4), claiming shutouts in 90.91% of their last 11 games. As such, first goalscorers in a joint-third-highest 56.82% of Championship games herein (W13, D7, L5), Wigan scored first, and in both halves, in the reverse H2H (2-0).
- However, going winless in their last two Championship away days, the ‘Latics’ have scored two or more goals in 44.44% of their last nine league trips – mirroring their last visit here (3-0). But despite conceding on average one goal-per-game on their travels this season, Wigan haven’t conceded a goal in five of their last seven away games.
- Players to watch: Charlton’s 11-goal Macauley Bonne scored first in his last appearance for the sixth time this season whilst Wigan’s nine-goal Kieffer Moore scored a first-half brace last time out and has one H2H goal to his name.
- Stat attack: These teams’ last four H2Hs have failed to see both teams score.
- Charlton have scored 11 league goals in the 31st-45th minute period this season; Wigan have scored 14 league goals in this period.
- Wigan have received straight red cards in their last two away matches.
|Head-to-head matches: CHARLTON – WIGAN|
|21.09.19||CHA||Wigan||Charlton||2 : 0|
|29.12.17||LO||Wigan||Charlton||0 : 0|
|12.09.17||LO||Charlton||Wigan||0 : 3|
|20.02.15||CHA||Wigan||Charlton||0 : 3|
|16.08.14||CHA||Charlton||Wigan||2 : 1|