Inter Miami – New York City betting tips for today, July 20, 2020
Match Preview and Predictions
- Inter Miami enter this clash aiming to record their first ever MLS point, after falling into defeat in each of their last four MLS fixtures. In fact, Miami’s 2-1 loss in their previous outing bore some significance, with each of their last four top-flight games being settled by a one-goal margin precisely.
- Itching for a win, Miami will have to be more careful in defence after receiving one red card in two their last three league games. Encouragingly though, they have scored the opener in two of their last three MLS fixtures, returning a balanced half time record across their last four league matches (HT: W1, D2, L1).
- New York City (NYCFC) are also failing to inspire, with a 3-1 loss vs Orlando City completing a five-game losing streak in MLS action. Significantly, four of those losses arrived via a one-goal margin, suggesting that they haven’t been comprehensively outplayed of late.
- Overall, ‘The Pigeons’ are hoping to end a run of 14 straight MLS fixtures without a clean sheet. To achieve that, they may want to keep things tight after the break, as five of the last seven goals they have conceded in the MLS arrived during this period.
- Players to watch: Rodolfo Pizarro has scored two of Miami’s three historical MLS goals. Both were scored before the break.
- NYCFC have won each of the last four MLS fixtures in which Heber has scored, with each of those games featuring over 2.5 goals.
- Stat attack: Each of Miami’s last three MLS games have seen the two first goals split 50/50.
- NYCFC have kept a first-half clean sheet in six of their last seven MLS matches.
- However, they have conceded one goal after the hour mark in each of their last three league games.