Watford 0-4 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Watford – Manchester City betting tips for today, July 21, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 37
Kick-off: 18:00 Watford – Manchester City
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:4 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- With two matches left to play in the Premier League (PL), Watford can feel anything but safe. Two wins from their last three is offset by four defeats since resumption (W2, D1, L4), whilst Watford have not kept a clean sheet in eight straight games. That doesn’t bode well as Manchester City come knocking – the ‘Hornets’ have lost 12 straight competitive H2Hs, conceding 3.83 goals on average.
- At home, however, Watford have lost just one of their last five matches (W3, D1, L1). Notably, five of their last six here featured over 2.5 goals, as have 66.67% of their PL home games this season – and four straight H2Hs at Vicarage Road. They’ve also conceded the first goal in four straight matches here (W2, D1, L1).
- Manchester City played their 20th competitive game without a draw at the weekend (W14, L6). Just four of those 20 matches (20%) featured both teams scoring – yet seven of the last ten witnessed over 2.5 goals. Not ones to wait, those ten matches slightly favoured first-half goals (51.52%), with City vastly outscoring their opponents before HT (14-3).
- Away from home, just one of City’s last five PL matches saw both teams score (W2, L3). Vulnerable when conceding early, City have lost all five PL away matches in which they trailed at HT, and all six PL away games in which they conceded the opener.
- Players to watch: Troy Deeney has netted Watford’s three most recent goals – all in the second half and twice from the penalty spot. Meanwhile, City’s Gabriel Jesus has scored a first-half goal in three straight PL matches.
- Stat attack: Watford have won just 16.67% of the PL fixtures they entered as outsiders this season.
- Watford’s last five PL matches have averaged 3.6 yellow cards per fixture.
- Ten of City’s 18 PL away games featured over 3.5 goals.
|Head-to-head matches: WATFORD – MANCHESTER CITY|
|21.09.19||PL||Manchester City||Watford||8 : 0|
|18.05.19||FAC||Manchester City||Watford||6 : 0|
|09.03.19||PL||Manchester City||Watford||3 : 1|
|04.12.18||PL||Watford||Manchester City||1 : 2|
|02.01.18||PL||Manchester City||Watford||3 : 1|