Bayer Leverkusen – Rangers betting tips for today, August 6, 2020
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 17:55 Bayer Leverkusen – Rangers
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Bayer Leverkusen scored in both halves as they defeated Rangers 3-1 in the first leg, making it three H2H games in a row where both teams scored (W1, D1, L1). Eight of their last ten competitive victories have now seen Leverkusen score 3+ goals and win despite a -1 handicap.
- The hosts are unbeaten in 13 of their last-16 European home matches (W6, D7, L3), and have only ever lost twice in the UEFA Europa League (UEL) at home (W10, D5, L2). A quick start could be on the cards here though considering the last three matches at the BayArena saw the opener netted by the tenth minute.
- Rangers opened their new Scottish Premiership campaign with a 1-0 win, and now their last three competitive wins have come via that same scoreline, all on the road. However, four of their last five UEL games saw both teams score and goals in both halves.
- The omens don’t look good for the visitors to overturn the first-leg deficit though, with just one win from their last nine UEL away games (W1, D5, L3 – excluding qualifying). Furthermore, Rangers have never progressed from the five previous UEFA ties in which they lost a first leg at home.
- Players to watch: Kai Havertz has scored in Leverkusen’s last three UEL games, twice between the 55th-60th minute. Meanwhile, Ryan Kent scored the game’s only goal in Rangers’ last match, and their previous UEL away fixture.
- Stat attack: Eleven of Leverkusen’s last 12 games that didn’t end in a draw, saw the eventual winner lead at HT.
- Rangers’ last ten competitive matches featured under 1.5 first-half goals.
- Leverkusen have progressed in eight of the previous nine UEFA ties in which they won an away first leg.
|Head-to-head matches: BAYER LEVERKUSEN – RANGERS|
|12.03.20||EL||Rangers||Bayer Leverkusen||1 : 3|
|13.07.11||CF||Bayer Leverkusen||Rangers||2 : 0|
|05.11.98||EL||Rangers||Bayer Leverkusen||1 : 1|
|22.10.98||EL||Bayer Leverkusen||Rangers||1 : 2|