Match Preview: Portland Timbers 2-1 Orlando City Prediction and Betting Tips | MLS
Portland Timbers – Orlando City betting tips for today, August 12, 2020
Football: USA: MLS – Play Offs – Final
Kick-off: 01:30 Portland Timbers – Orlando City
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Portland Timbers have a split record (W1, L1) in MLS Cup/US Open Cup finals, and boast a seven game unbeaten run (W5, D2) in all competitions. Some drama can be expected, as six (75%) of Portland’s eight MLS fixtures this season have seen at least four total cards awarded.
- The Timbers have started strongly throughout 2020, notably opening the scoring on six separate occasions. However, in spite of holding just three HT leads throughout their campaign (including ‘MLS Is Back’ knockouts), Portland have now been in front at the hour mark in six of their last eight wins.
- Orlando City’s defence has been near-impenetrable in the first 45 minutes of play so far, with the Floridians conceding before the HT break just once this season. However, frequent failure to score in return has resulted in five goalless first halves from their eight MLS matches played in 2020.
- As a result of such mutual shyness before the HT recess, 14 of the 19 goals scored or conceded by Orlando this season have been registered after the interval, with four of their last seven games producing three or more total goals despite the slow beginnings.
- Players to watch: Portland’s Jeremy Ebobisse has scored in four separate fixtures at this tournament, recording the opening match goal on three occasions.
- Powered by his team’s ‘host’ status, Tesho Akindele has scored the last or only goal of the game in two of Orlando’s MLS is Back encounters.
- Stat attack: All five H2H fixtures have seen one team establish a 1-0 or 2-0 HT lead.
- The HT leader won three (D1, L1) of those five games detailed above.
- Five of the last six knockout matches have been determined in regulation time.
- Orlando have not collected the fewest cards in a single ‘MLS is Back’ match.
|Head-to-head matches: PORTLAND TIMBERS – ORLANDO CITY|
|19.07.19||MLS||Portland Timbers||Orlando City||1 : 1|
|08.04.18||MLS||Orlando City||Portland Timbers||3 : 2|
|25.09.17||MLS||Portland Timbers||Orlando City||3 : 0|
|04.04.16||MLS||Orlando City||Portland Timbers||4 : 1|
|12.04.15||MLS||Portland Timbers||Orlando City||0 : 2|
Match Preview: Jeonbuk - Ulsan Citizen Prediction and Betting Tips | KOREAN CUP
Match Preview: Persepolis - Shahr Khodrou Prediction and Betting Tips | PERSIAN GULF PRO LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV 0-2 Hertha Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Spezia 0-3 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A