Match Preview: Dijon – Angers Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Dijon – Angers betting tips for today, August 22, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 1
Kick-off: 16:00 Dijon – Angers
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: Pending
Match Preview and Predictions
- Although Dijon have spent five of the last ten seasons in the second tier, their first day record across that time is poor (W2, D3, L5 overall; W1, L4 in the top flight). Notably, the first of those matches was a goalless draw vs Angers back in 2010.
- Despite their shortcomings, Dijon boast a positive 42.26% win-rate at home since their promotion back to Ligue 1 (L1) in 2016/17 (69.01% unbeaten rate). Furthermore, they avoided defeat in 60% of the games in which they conceded first here last L1 season (W2, D1, L2), and boast the current longest unbeaten home run of all L1 sides (W6, D6).
- Angers have also spent five of the last ten seasons in the second tier, and boast an overall opening day record of: W4, D2, L4 across those games. Notably, three of their five opening matches since their 2015/16 return to L1 saw both teams score and over 3.5 total goals (W2, D1, L2).
- Stéphane Moulin’s Angers have won just 17 of their last 70 away L1 matches (24.29% win-rate), albeit 19 draws during that time means they do possess a 51.43% unbeaten rate across those games. Consequently, Angers head into this clash as outsiders, a tag they defied in half of such L1 away games last term (W3, D3, L6).
- Players to watch: Of players remaining at either club, Dijon’s Julio Tavarés is the top-scoring player in this fixture with three goals in ten career appearances (W2, D3, L5 when playing).
- Stéphane Bahoken has been Angers’ first goalscorer in two of the last three H2Hs – he also netted the opener in two of his side’s final three L1 games last season.
- Hot stat: Angers have scored in all seven historical L1 H2Hs vs Dijon, only scoring in 100% of their top-flight games more times vs Red Star (14).
|Head-to-head matches: DIJON – ANGERS|
|31.08.19||L1||Angers||Dijon||2 : 0|
|02.02.19||L1||Angers||Dijon||1 : 0|
|15.09.18||L1||Dijon||Angers||1 : 3|
|19.05.18||L1||Dijon||Angers||2 : 1|
|20.12.17||L1||Angers||Dijon||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Brighton - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Plzen 3-0 Sonderjyske Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League - Qualification
Match Preview: Piacenza 1-2 Teramo Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia