Match Preview: Rennes 2-1 Montpellier Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Rennes – Montpellier betting tips for today, August 29, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
Kick-off: 16:00 Rennes – Montpellier
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Stade Rennes drew 1-1 on matchday one, boosting their fledgling unbeaten Ligue 1 (L1) streak to four games (W3, D1), a run that includes a 5-0 H2H home win versus Montpellier in Rennes’ final game of last season. They conceded only two goals during that run, albeit both were first-half openers (W1, D1).
- The hosts’ last six L1 campaigns saw their first home game arrive on matchday two, and impressively, they won five of those six opening home matches (L1). Rennes were a good home side last L1 campaign (W9, D2, L3), and even managed to pick up points in six of the eight home games in which they conceded first (W5, D1, L2).
- This clash is Montpellier’s first game of the new season, and they hold an almost even record in such fixtures since promotion (W4, D3, L4), albeit all those games were at home. Nonetheless, they have lost four of their last seven league fixtures (W2, D1, L4), with all 14 halves of football played during that time featuring just one or no side scoring.
- The visitors ended the 2019/20 league campaign as the division’s fourth worst away side (W1, D5, L8), after scoring first in only two road trips (D2). Therefore their only away victory came after conceding first, and that win included one of just five away halves of football (from 28) in which Montpellier managed to win.
- Players to watch: M’baye Niang scored Rennes’ first home goal last season, and was their first goalscorer in six of the eight league games (at all venues) in which he netted that campaign.
- Andy Delort scored Montpellier’s last away goal, and was his side’s final goalscorer with five of the nine league goals he netted last season.
- Hot stat: Montpellier haven’t scored in 367 minutes of away league action, and have netted just once across the last five away H2Hs (D2, L3).
|Head-to-head matches: RENNES – MONTPELLIER|
|08.03.20||L1||Rennes||Montpellier||5 : 0|
|10.08.19||L1||Montpellier||Rennes||0 : 1|
|20.01.19||L1||Rennes||Montpellier||0 : 0|
|25.11.18||L1||Montpellier||Rennes||2 : 2|
|19.05.18||L1||Rennes||Montpellier||1 : 1|
Match Preview: Sheffield Utd - Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Brighton 2-3 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Plzen 3-0 Sonderjyske Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League - Qualification