Match Preview: Reims 0-1 Lille Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Reims – Lille betting tips for today, August 30, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
Kick-off: 12:00 Reims – Lille
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Reims squandered a 2-0 lead last weekend as they drew 2-2 versus Monaco, but last season they only dropped points in three of the 12 Ligue 1 (L1) games in which they scored first (W9, D2, L1). Scoring twice in the first 30 minutes of that match was a huge plus considering they only managed six goals during this period throughout the 2019/20 L1 campaign.
- The hosts have lost just once across their previous ten L1 home encounters (W4, D5), yet in only three of their last 19 did they manage 2+ goals. On the flip side, the six-time top-flight champions have lost the previous three L1 home clashes in which they conceded 2+. Furthermore, Reims haven’t conceded in their opening home league contest in any of the last five seasons (W4, D1).
- Goals could be in short supply here as each of Lille manager Christophe Galtier’s last four H2Hs versus Reims saw under 2.5 goals, as did his three managerial H2Hs with opposite number David Guion, while the last five club H2Hs also saw two goals or less. A tight start may materialise too, as ‘Les Dogues’ possessed the division’s second best first-half defensive record last season, conceding just eight goals.
- Tight first halves were certainly a feature on the road, with Lille drawing nine L1 away fixtures at HT last term (69.23%), including five 0-0 scorelines. However history is on their side as they’re unbeaten in their opening L1 away battle for three seasons running; all without conceding (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Eight of the 11 L1 career goals Reims striker Boulaye Dia has scored came as either the game’s first or last. Meanwhile, Jonathan Bamba netted Lille’s opener in their 1-1 draw with Rennes, meaning they’re still unbeaten in L1 whenever he has scored (W11, D1).
- Hot stat: Of the goals scored by away teams in L1’s opening round, 83.33% were netted before HT.
|Head-to-head matches: REIMS – LILLE|
|01.09.19||L1||Reims||Lille||2 : 0|
|13.07.19||CF||Lille||Reims||1 : 1|
|07.04.19||L1||Reims||Lille||1 : 1|
|09.12.18||L1||Lille||Reims||1 : 1|
|14.07.18||CF||Lille||Reims||2 : 4|