Match Preview: Fluminense 1-2 Flamengo RJ Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Fluminense – Flamengo RJ betting tips for today, September 10, 2020
Football: BRAZIL: Serie A – Round 9
Kick-off: 01:30 Fluminense – Flamengo RJ
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Fluminense look to level the all-time Serie A (SA) H2H record (W22, D17, L23) when they take on Flamengo in the ‘Clássico das Multidões’ at the iconic Maracanã (home for both teams), a matchup which once drew a world record club attendance of 194,603. Recent history isn’t on their side however, with Fluminense winning just one of the last 16 competitive H2H games (D6, L9 – 90 mins only) when designated as the home side.
- Still, ‘Flu’ are unbeaten at home this SA season (W2, D2) and in nine top-flight home games overall (W3, D6). Yet to be losing at HT at home this SA campaign, despite twice conceding first in the opening period, Fluminense home matches have been tight with both teams scoring in all four and the teams separated by less than 1.5 goals come FT. Indeed, only two of their last 28 SA home matches have seen a winning margin of more than a goal, while just one featured a team netting over 2.5 goals!
- Current champions and Copa Libertadores holders Flamengo enter the match on a three-match winning streak and unbeaten in six SA games (W4, D2). Each of their last six league wins were marked by them scoring first in the opening 45, while their last three SA losses saw them fail to score and down at HT.
- On the road, Flamengo have won three straight while their last seven SA trips (W5, L2) have seen the eventual match victor score first and lead at HT, as have the last eight SA H2Hs (to find a winner) with ‘Fla’ the designated away side.
- Players to watch: Evanilson (FLU) has two goals this SA campaign (in 1-1 draws) and scored in two Campeonato Carioca games versus Flamengo this year. Meanwhile, Gabriel Barbosa (FLA) has scored in his last four starts; all came in the last five minutes of each half.
- Hot stat: Fluminense have scored just one first-half goal in the last nine SA H2Hs.
|Head-to-head matches: FLUMINENSE – FLAMENGO RJ|
|16.07.20||CAM||Flamengo RJ||Fluminense||1 : 0|
|12.07.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||1 : 2|
|09.07.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||2 : 1 (1 : 1)|
|13.02.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||2 : 3|
|30.01.20||CAM||Flamengo RJ||Fluminense||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Shrewsbury - Newcastle Utd U21 Prediction and Betting Tips | EFL Trophy
Match Preview: Aston Villa 1-0 Sheffield Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Southampton 2-5 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Everton 5-2 West Brom Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League