Match Preview: Lille 1-0 Metz Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Lille – Metz betting tips for today, September 13, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 3
Kick-off: 12:00 Lille – Metz
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- After establishing the second best win rate as a home favourite last Ligue 1 (L1) season (78.57%; W11, D2, L1), Lille will have been disappointed to begin a new top-flight campaign by failing to win their first home game for the first time since meeting PSG in early 2015/16.
- Lille even established a HT lead at home to Rennes in that home opener, their first of two at any venue this L1 season. Sadly for the hosts, that 1-1 result broke a streak of 14 consecutive L1 wins at home for Lille when in front at HT. It was also the eighth of Lille’s last ten L1 home games in which they failed to score over 1.5 goals.
- Approaching their first away trip of this new campaign, Metz can look to their recent H2H history for inspiration, having won or drawn all but one of their last five outings at Lille (W1, D3, L1), with four of those five games also producing under 2.5 goals.
- Metz also enjoyed positive results in the majority of their visits to clubs that finished in the top half of the table last season (W1, D3, L2), but appeared dependent on a positive start throughout the year, as they were one of five clubs that failed to win a single L1 game at any venue when conceding the opener (D3, L9).
- Players to watch: Jonathan Bamba has already exceeded his goal scoring tally of 2019/20 after registering Lille’s only two goals this L1 season.
- After recording three shots last appearance, Farid Boulaya is threatening to open the scoring for Metz for a third time in eight L1 games.
- Hot stat: Lille’s last seven L1 home fixtures have all produced under 9.5 corner kicks (average 7.43).
|Head-to-head matches: LILLE – METZ|
|09.11.19||L1||Lille||Metz||0 : 0|
|28.04.18||L1||Lille||Metz||3 : 1|
|05.11.17||L1||Metz||Lille||0 : 3|
|06.05.17||L1||Lille||Metz||0 : 2|
|13.08.16||L1||Metz||Lille||3 : 2|