Match Preview: Venlo 1-1 Utrecht Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Venlo – Utrecht betting tips for today, September 17, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 2
Kick-off: 19:00 Venlo – Utrecht
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Although VVV-Venlo won on opening day after coming from 2-0 down to score five second-half goals, they have failed to win seven of the last eight home league games in which they started as outsiders (W1, D2, L5). They have, however, won two of their three opening home games since their Eredivisie return, though their last relegation season started with a 3-1 home defeat to Utrecht!
- We could see a repeat of that home opener as Venlo boss Hans de Koning is winless vs Utrecht in eight prior managerial H2Hs (D2, L6). Notably, all six defeats came ‘to nil’, whilst de Koning’s side on the day scored just one goal across the last 474 minutes of play.
- Utrecht scored four times as favourites in last season’s away opener, and often enjoy a scoring start. They bagged 2+ goals in four of their last five away league openers (W2, D1, L2), with those games averaging a considerable 4.4 total goals per fixture (2.2 average Utrecht goals).
- However Utrecht possessed just a 33.33% win-rate as an away favourite last season (W3, D4, L2), though visiting boss John van den Brom knows this opposition well and has averaged 2.14 points per game across his 14 prior meetings with Venlo (W9, D3, L2 – in all competitions). Notably though, Venlo have scored first in both his meetings as Utrecht manager (D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Venlo director Stan Valckx promised Georgios Giakoumakis free Greek food should he help them win – he willingly obliged with a hat-trick on his Eredivisie debut.
- Utrecht star Gyrano Kerk contributed to 34% of their league goals last term (ten goals, seven assists). Four of his last five Eredivisie strikes arrived on or beyond the 70th minute.
- Hot streak: Six of the last seven meetings between Hans de Koning and John van den Brom saw both teams score (W3, D3, L1 in Brom’s favour).
|Head-to-head matches: VENLO – UTRECHT|
|02.02.20||ERE||Venlo||Utrecht||1 : 1|
|25.08.19||ERE||Utrecht||Venlo||1 : 2|
|03.04.19||ERE||Venlo||Utrecht||2 : 6|
|26.08.18||ERE||Utrecht||Venlo||1 : 1|
|06.05.18||ERE||Utrecht||Venlo||1 : 0|
Match Preview: West Ham - Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Stuttgart 1-1 FC Koln Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 6-2 Nice Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Real Madrid 2-3 Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League