Match Preview: Everton 5-2 West Brom Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Everton – West Brom betting tips for today, September 18, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 2
Kick-off: 12:30 Everton – West Brom
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:2 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- This will be the fourth time since 2008 that a H2H league meeting has fallen on gameweek two. Everton’s record in that capacity is positive (W2, D1) but they will not be unduly complacent, having managed just two wins across their six league matches vs newly promoted sides last season (W2, D1, L3).
- Everton are undefeated in each of their previous eight openers to a Premier League (PL) home campaign (W4, D4). Interestingly, they scored under 2.5 goals in all eight of those games, and each of their previous five goals in this group of matches arrived before half-time.
- The hosts trailed at half-time in just 10.53% (two) of their 19 PL home matches last term. However, this good work was often undone by a tendency to concede after the break, and they conceded 66.67% (14) of their 21 home ‘goals against’ in the second half.
- West Bromwich Albion lost just four of their 23 away fixtures in the Championship last season (W12, D7, L4). They also netted before half-time in each of their final three away fixtures last season, with each strike arriving after the 35th minute.
- At the tail end of their last full PL campaign (2017/18), West Brom netted exactly one goal in three of their final four away matches. They’ve also failed to score more than a single goal in any of their previous seven PL away H2Hs.
- Players to watch: Everton new boy James Rodríguez created five chances vs Tottenham, the most by a single player in a PL debut since August 2014.
- West Brom’s Matheus Pereira failed to open his PL account last weekend. That said, he did attempt two shots, which coincides with last season’s average of 2.76 shot attempts per 90.
- Hot stat: Within the 61st-75th minute period of play, Everton conceded four goals – and scored none in return – in their home league campaign last term.
|Head-to-head matches: EVERTON – WEST BROM|
|20.01.18||PL||Everton||West Brom||1 : 1|
|26.12.17||PL||West Brom||Everton||0 : 0|
|11.03.17||PL||Everton||West Brom||3 : 0|
|20.08.16||PL||West Brom||Everton||1 : 2|
|13.02.16||PL||Everton||West Brom||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Middlesbrough - Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga
Match Preview: Sassuolo 0-2 Spal Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia
Match Preview: Fiorentina 1-1 Inter Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia