Match Preview: Southampton 2-5 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Southampton – Tottenham betting tips for today, September 19, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 2
Kick-off: 12:00 Southampton – Tottenham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:5 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Southampton have won just one of their previous eight Premier League (PL) opening home games (W1, D4, L3). They drew a blank in three of the previous six such matches, but with Southampton attempting 10+ shots in each of their previous eight competitive matches vs Tottenham, there is reason to believe that return can be improved.
- The ‘Saints’ lost more than they won at home last season (W6, D3, L10), with early mistakes being a theme. Notably, they conceded the opening goal in 73.68% of their PL home matches. It’s also worth noting that they trailed at half-time in four of their six home matches vs sides who finished in the top six last season.
- Tottenham Hotspur also lost in their PL opener last week and they managed just four away wins across all of last season (W4, D8, L7). However, they haven’t lost any of their previous four away campaign openers (W2, D2), netting exactly two goals in each of the previous three. However, they conceded before the 30th minute in three of those four matches.
- The visitors lost just two of their ten away matches vs sides inside the bottom ten last season (W3, D5, L2). However, they are winless in each of their previous four competitive visits to St Mary’s Stadium (D2, L2), which averaged 5.25 yellow cards per match.
- Players to watch: Southampton’s Danny Ings scored three times vs Tottenham across all competitions last season, two of those goals arrived before half-time.
- Spurs’ Heung-min Son has scored seven times in 11 competitive appearances vs Southampton, and each of his previous two goals against them arrived in the second half.
- Hot stat: In a record going back to 2012, all four of Tottenham’s prior PL wins at this stadium have come after a first half containing exactly two match goals.
|Head-to-head matches: SOUTHAMPTON – TOTTENHAM|
|05.02.20||FAC||Tottenham||Southampton||3 : 2|
|25.01.20||FAC||Southampton||Tottenham||1 : 1|
|01.01.20||PL||Southampton||Tottenham||1 : 0|
|28.09.19||PL||Tottenham||Southampton||2 : 1|
|09.03.19||PL||Southampton||Tottenham||2 : 1|