Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Twente – Groningen betting tips for today, September 25, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 3
Kick-off: 19:00 Twente – Groningen
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Former Groningen manager (300 games) and Director of Football Ron Jans enjoyed an unbeaten start to life as Twente manager after his team scored the opener within ten minutes in both of their league games (W1, D1). Avoiding defeat here would, however, be just the second time across Jans’ last seven managerial appointments in which he avoided defeat in his opening three games.
- Often starting well, Twente bagged the opening goal in nine of their last 14 home league games (W5, D2, L2) whilst never winning a game when shipping the opening goal last term (D1, L3). Opposition sides have a tendency to try and out-muscle Twente here, with the average of 2.14 yellow cards per-game against Twente in Enschede the fourth-most against any home side since the beginning of 2019/20.
- Visiting Groningen scraped their first victory of the season via an own goal, though they remain outsiders here – a tag that shouldn’t worry them as the ‘Pride of the North’ are unbeaten in five of the last nine such away league games (W3, D2, L4). Moreover, both teams found the net in four of Groningen’s last five away league outings as outsiders (W2, D1, L2).
- Groningen’s games are often snooze-fests in terms of goals. Their 1-0 victory last time out continued a trend from last season, where 64.29% of their league games ended with under 2.5 goals – a league-high by some way. In fact, Groningen’s away games alone average a league-low 1.93 total goals per-game since the start of last season.
- Players to watch: A rejuvenated Václav Černý scored his first Eredivisie goal since 2015/16, making him the first player to score within two minutes at De Kuip since 2001.
- Tomáš Suslov became the first Groningen player since returning hero Arjen Robben to score his first club goal vs big-three opposition.
- Hot stat: Danny Buijs saw his side on the day score in only one of his H2Hs with Twente (D1, L2) – both defeats saw an exact two-goal margin.
|Head-to-head matches: TWENTE – GRONINGEN|
|18.01.20||ERE||Twente||Groningen||0 : 0|
|10.08.19||ERE||Groningen||Twente||1 : 3|
|27.09.18||KNV||Groningen||Twente||0 : 2|
|04.03.18||ERE||Twente||Groningen||1 : 1|
|24.09.17||ERE||Groningen||Twente||1 : 0|
Match Preview: West Ham - Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Stuttgart 1-1 FC Koln Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 6-2 Nice Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Real Madrid 2-3 Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League