Match Preview: Brighton 2-3 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Brighton – Manchester Utd betting tips for today, September 26, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 3
Kick-off: 12:30 Brighton – Manchester Utd
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Brighton and Hove Albion’s 3-0 Premier League (PL) win over Newcastle United (Sept 20) was their third consecutive league game to feature over 2.5 goals (W2, L1) and equalled their biggest winning margin in the PL under Graham Potter. Generally well-disciplined, they have received more than two yellow cards only once in 11 league matches.
- Four of Brighton’s last five home league games have seen them concede 3+ goals, a sequence that includes their opening-day 3-1 defeat to Chelsea (Sept 14) and last season’s 3-0 reverse against Manchester United. Six of the 14 goals conceded therein came inside the first 30 minutes, and last term, only one team conceded more PL goals (home/away) between 16’-30’.
- Interestingly, no team was more prolific during that same 16’-30’ period than Man United (17 goals) last season, but they enter this match after bookending a 14-game unbeaten run in the PL (W9, D5). Having scored in each of their last 14 league fixtures, they also lead the PL H2H stakes (W4, L2), with the last four league meetings all producing over 2.5 goals.
- Meanwhile, the ‘Red Devils’ are unbeaten in seven league away matches (W5, D2), winning their last four such games ‘to nil’ while scoring 2+ goals in the process. It’s worth noting, however, that the only defeat across their last seven PL away campaign openers (W4, D2, L1) came against Brighton in 2018/19.
- Players to watch: Neal Maupay netted twice before the tenth minute against Newcastle, and Brighton have never lost a PL match in which he has scored (W6, D5).
- Brighton are the only English top-flight club against which Man United’s Bruno Fernandes has scored more than once. He bagged his side’s opener in five of his seven goalscoring league games last term.
- Hot stat: There were 44 goals scored in the previous round of PL matches – a record under the 20-team format (1995/96-present).
|Head-to-head matches: BRIGHTON – MANCHESTER UTD|
|30.06.20||PL||Brighton||Manchester Utd||0 : 3|
|10.11.19||PL||Manchester Utd||Brighton||3 : 1|
|19.01.19||PL||Manchester Utd||Brighton||2 : 1|
|19.08.18||PL||Brighton||Manchester Utd||3 : 2|
|04.05.18||PL||Brighton||Manchester Utd||1 : 0|
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION