Sheffield Utd – Leeds betting tips for today, September 27, 2020
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sheffield United have made a slow start to their second Premier League (PL) season since promotion, with two straight defeats ‘to-nil’. Neither match featured over 2.5 goals, as was the case with eight of their ten first PL matches last season. Their two most recent matches against Leeds in this White Rose derby have also been low on goals, both ending 1-0 (W1, L1).
- The poor start is a worrying continuation from last season, where the ‘Blades’ lost their final three matches, and dropped out of the European qualification zone. Additionally, last season saw Sheffield fire the fewest shots of all PL sides (353). On the flip side, two-thirds of their conceded goals arrived in the second half of play.
- After conceding the fewest goals (0.76 on average per match) in the Championship last season, Leeds have marked their return to top flight football with back to back 4-3 results (W1, L1). The goal-spree wasn’t totally unexpected though, as four of their last six Championship matches last season featured at least four total goals.
- Away from home, Leeds were the Championship’s top scorers last term, with 1.61 goals scored on average per trip. Meanwhile, across all tiers, Leeds have scored at least three goals in four of their last six away league matches, and 64.29% of their goals across those six matches arrived in the second half.
- Players to watch: Sheffield’s veteran striker Billy Sharp scored twice the last time these teams went H2H at Bramall Lane (Championship).
- Leeds #9 Patrick Bamford scored seven (38.89%) of his 18 league goals away from home last season, and has already scored in consecutive PL matches.
- Hot stat: Sheffield United’s matches had the lowest total goals average in the PL last season (2.05) and just 28.95% of their PL matches featured over 2.5 goals.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD UTD – LEEDS|
|16.03.19||CHA||Leeds||Sheffield Utd||0 : 1|
|01.12.18||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Leeds||0 : 1|
|10.02.18||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Leeds||2 : 1|
|27.10.17||CHA||Leeds||Sheffield Utd||1 : 2|
|19.03.11||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Leeds||2 : 0|