Match Preview: Utrecht 1-1 Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Utrecht – Heerenveen betting tips for today, October 2, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 4
Kick-off: 19:00 Utrecht – Heerenveen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- The Galgenwaard hosts just its second game of the season as Utrecht (W1, D1) and Heerenveen (W3) aim to protect their respective unbeaten starts. Despite the Frisian’s flying start, Utrecht remain odds-on favourites here and they are unbeaten in 16 of the last 21 such league outings (W11, D5, L5) – never drawing any such home game in that time (W8, L3).
- Utrecht’s 3-1 win last time continues a trend of high-scoring affairs here: seven of their eight home league victories since 2019/20 saw a 2+ goal margin whilst half ended with a 3+ margin. Consequently, 84.62% of home games since last term saw over 2.5 total goals with the vast majority of their goals coming beyond HT (1.92 scored per second half / 0.62 in FH).
- Visiting Heerenveen have cemented their best post-2000 Eredivisie start with three consecutive victories to open the season. However, they possess a 54.55% loss-rate as the outsiders across the last 11 such games (W3, D2, L6). Similarly to Utrecht’s home form as a favourite, Heerenveen drew none of the away games in that sequence (W3, L4).
- Opposite to the hosts, two-thirds of Heerenveen’s away league goals since the start of last season came before HT, averaging 1.38 goals per first-half compared to just 0.69 after. Consequently, each of their six road victories since last season came at both HT/FT and saw them score the opening goal (W6, L1 when scoring first).
- Players to watch: Mimoun Mahi scored in his Utrecht home debut – he contributed to six goals in eight appearances vs Heerenveen in his last Eredivisie stint.
- Following his first-half winning goal last time out, Joey Veerman became the third player this century to score or assist in seven consecutive games for Heerenveen.
- Hot streak: Both teams scored in 13 of Utrecht manager John van den Brom’s last 15 managerial H2Hs with Heerenveen (W7, D4, L4 – 3.47 average total goals per-game).
|Head-to-head matches: UTRECHT – HEERENVEEN|
|20.08.20||CF||Utrecht||Heerenveen||4 : 1|
|22.09.19||ERE||Heerenveen||Utrecht||1 : 1|
|15.05.19||ERE||Utrecht||Heerenveen||3 : 1|
|16.12.18||ERE||Heerenveen||Utrecht||2 : 3|
|12.05.18||ERE||Utrecht||Heerenveen||2 : 1|