Match Preview: Argentina 1-0 Ecuador Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Argentina – Ecuador Betting Tips for today, October 9, 2020
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 1
Kick-off: 01:30 Argentina – Ecuador
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Unbeaten in seven (W4, D3), Argentina boast an ability to finish fixtures strongly. They have scored the last goal of the game in each of their previous five matches, and that final goal of the match arrived after the 80th minute in three of their previous four fixtures.
- That said, Argentina have only won one of their previous five FIFA World Cup qualifying matches (W1, D3, L1). They conceded first in three of those matches, yet they did at least find an equaliser within 15 minutes of going behind in two of them.
- Ecuador have won only three of their previous 12 international matches (W3, D3, L6), but each win was accompanied by a clean sheet. At the other end of the pitch, seven of their last eight goals have arrived in the second half.
- Given their tendency to surge late, Gustavo Alfaro’s side have conceded nine of their previous 14 ‘goals against’ in the first half. They have also conceded 2+ shots on target before the break in three of their previous four matches.
- Mercy is not in order here, as evidenced by the fact that six of the previous seven H2H matches between these two sides have produced 4+ total yellow cards. Furthermore, each of the last five FIFA World Cup qualification H2Hs won/lost have produced a 2+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: Argentina’s Lucas Ocampos has scored two goals across his previous three national team appearances. This includes a strike here vs Ecuador.
- Enner Valencia has scored three goals across his previous five Ecuador appearances, and two of those efforts came from the penalty spot.
- Hot stat: Since making their FIFA World Cup debut in 2002, Ecuador’s record vs Argentina reads: W3, D4, L6. The average margin across the defeats is exactly 3.0 goals, while each win produced a 2-0 scoreline after a goalless first half.
|Head-to-head matches: ARGENTINA – ECUADOR|
|13.10.19||FI||Argentina||Ecuador||6 : 1|
|11.10.17||WC||Ecuador||Argentina||1 : 3|
|09.10.15||WC||Argentina||Ecuador||0 : 2|
|01.04.15||FI||Argentina||Ecuador||2 : 1|
|16.11.13||FI||Ecuador||Argentina||0 : 0|
Match Preview: Schalke - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: AC Milan 3-0 Sparta Prague Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Basaksehir 0-2 Paris SG Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Lokomotiv Moscow 1-2 Bayern Munich Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League