Match Preview: Luxembourg 2-0 Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Luxembourg – Cyprus Betting Tips for today, October 10, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League C – Round 3
Kick-off: 14:00 Luxembourg – Cyprus
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Failing to win as strong favourites during the week, Luxembourg (FIFA rank: #97) will look to put that right here. Each of their three competitive home victories since 2018 saw Luxembourg begin as favourites, giving them a 100% win-rate in such games. Notably, the two such UEFA Nations League (UNL) victories saw a 3+ goal winning margin and a clean sheet.
- Luxembourg still seek their first UNL League C home goals though, mainly due to facing sides ranked #91 on average, compared to #157 during their last campaign. Considering that, Luxembourg’s record vs sides ranked within five places of #91 since 2016 stands at: W2, D1, L2, with all five games producing under 2.5 goals.
- Cyprus (#98) lost as outsiders last time out, and have won just once as an underdog in competitive away games since 2018 (W1, D1, L5). Three of those five defeats saw just a one-goal margin, whilst they also failed to win in each of the last three competitive away games in which they scored first (D1, L2).
- The visitors are one of two sides in UNL League C yet to score, and that trend could continue here. Cyprus have failed to win all four games vs UEFA nations, ranked within ten places of them, since World Cup 2018 qualifying (D1, L3) – all three away matches during this sequence saw them lose by a single-goal margin, whilst Cyprus failed to score in three of those four games.
- Players to watch: Luxembourg’s Gerson Rodrigues was booked in his last two scoring appearances. The Dynamo Kiev man has scored in three of his last five career appearances.
- Pieros Sotiriou is the highest-scoring player currently in the national setup (ten goals) – a goal here would make him the joint-third highest all-time scorer for Cyprus.
- Hot stat: Cyprus boss Johan Walem endures his worst ever start to a managerial reign, as he seeks his first win in his fourth game (L3).
|Head-to-head matches: LUXEMBOURG – CYPRUS|
|11.10.97||WC||Cyprus||Luxembourg||2 : 0|
|07.09.97||WC||Luxembourg||Cyprus||1 : 3|
Match Preview: Al Ittihad - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Waalwijk 1-1 Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-1 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga