Match Preview: Ireland 0-0 Wales Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Ireland – Wales Betting Tips for today, October 11, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League B – Round 3
Kick-off: 14:00 Ireland – Wales
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- The Republic of Ireland had their Euro 2020 dreams cruelly ended via penalty kicks last time out, and in this game they now seek their first goal in 180 minutes of play and a first victory since November 2019 (D3, L1 in 90 minutes since). Interestingly though, Ireland have avoided defeat in three of the last four matches in which they conceded first (W1, D2, L1).
- The plucky hosts (FIFA rank: #37) have drawn nine of the last 14 games (W1, D9, L4) they’ve played vs opposition ranked within five places of Wales (#21). Don’t expect a classic encounter though, as only three games in that sequence produced over 2.5 goals (1.86 goals per game on average), although 57.14% saw both teams score.
- Wales were humbled last time out (L 3-0 vs England), a result which ended an impressive 467-minute run without conceding prior. Organisation may come at the cost of entertainment though, as 11 of Wales’ last 14 games finished with under 2.5 goals (1.71 per match on average), and the team that scored first went on to win 12 of those 14.
- The visitors can boast a 63.64% win-rate vs sides ranked within five places of Ireland since EURO 2016 qualifying (W7, D3, L1). Four of those victories came without reply, whilst four were also settled by just a single-goal margin. As such, these fixtures were low-scoring affairs, with seven producing under 2.5 goals.
- Players to watch: David McGoldrick scored Sheffield’s only goal in two of his last four club appearances, but seeks only his second for national side Ireland.
- Kieffer Moore will likely lead the line for Wales. He’s scored four goals across his last eight career appearances, including the sole strike in their last UNL away victory.
- Hot stat: Six of the last nine H2Hs produced a goalless first half, and only two saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: IRELAND – WALES|
|16.10.18||UNL||Ireland||Wales||0 : 1|
|06.09.18||UNL||Wales||Ireland||4 : 1|
|09.10.17||WC||Wales||Ireland||0 : 1|
|24.03.17||WC||Ireland||Wales||0 : 0|
|14.08.13||FI||Wales||Ireland||0 : 0|
Match Preview: Al Ittihad - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Waalwijk 1-1 Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-1 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga