Match Preview: Finland 1-0 Ireland Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Finland – Ireland Betting Tips for today, October 14, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League B – Round 4
Kick-off: 17:00 Finland – Ireland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Two second-half goals not only gave Finland consecutive wins ‘to nil’ in this UEFA Nations League (UNL) phase, but also tied up a three-game UNL run with no first-half match goals. Four points above their visitors here, the ‘Eagle-Owls’ also broke a five-game winless H2H run with a 1-0 win in Dublin in the reverse fixture.
- The Finns have won five of their last seven competitive home matches ‘to nil’ as well (L2), and have scored first in eight of their previous ten tournament matches here too. Manager Markki Kanerva will want to keep that trend going having won his final UNL home match in 2018 by a 2-0 scoreline, yet Finland have led at HT in just two of their last eight competitive home matches.
- Looking to break an eight-game winless run in all tournaments, Ireland will hope that Stephen Kelly can get his first win as national manager here (D2, L2). Goalless in three straight games, the ‘Boys in Green’ need a bit of luck having garnered just one shot on target in their last UNL match.
- A difficult challenge awaits Ireland as they’ve won just one of their last 11 matches abroad since 2018, and haven’t scored a first-half away goal for three years. What could hinder them is their tendency to get in the referee’s book, as can be seen by the fact they’ve received 4+ yellow cards in two of their last three away matches, as well as two cautions in the reverse H2H.
- Players to watch: Fredrik Jensen has scored within two minutes of coming on for Finland’s in two substitutions running. Meanwhile, Ireland’s Shane Duffy is as likely to be carded as to score, and has two yellow cards, a goal and an own goal from his last three international away matches.
- Hot stat: Each of these teams’ seven combined UNL matches in 2020 produced under 2.5 goals.
|Head-to-head matches: FINLAND – IRELAND|
|06.09.20||UNL||Ireland||Finland||0 : 1|
|21.08.02||FI||Finland||Ireland||0 : 3|
|15.11.00||FI||Ireland||Finland||3 : 0|
|09.10.49||WC||Finland||Ireland||1 : 1|
|08.09.49||WC||Ireland||Finland||3 : 0|
Match Preview: Al Ittihad - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Waalwijk 1-1 Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-1 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga