Match Preview: West Brom 0-0 Burnley Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
West Brom – Burnley Betting Tips for today, October 18, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 5
Kick-off: 17:30 West Brom – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- West Bromwich Albion have endured a tough return to the Premier League (PL), recording their worst top-flight start after four games since 1985/86 (D1, L3). Additionally, 76.92% (ten) of their goals conceded have arrived in the second half, and the ‘Baggies’ have been specifically outscored 7-0 beyond the 60th minute so far.
- Slaven Bilic’s side have seen their last four encounters at home in all competitions average 4.00 goals per game (W1, D2, L1). Four of their previous five overall victories here came without conceding. They’re unbeaten in 11 of the past 12 home H2H battles (W9, D2), but Burnley won on their most recent visit in March 2018.
- Conceding an average of 6.67 corners per league game to date, Burnley have seen three of their four competitive defeats come by a two-goal margin. Indeed, 64.29% of their PL losses last season were by 2+ goals (nine), though their last six wins in all competitions have yielded a clean sheet.
- Burnley went undefeated 61.11% of the time last season when outsiders in a PL away match (W6, D5, L7), whilst they kept clean sheets in 60% of their away clashes against bottom-half opposition. One worry, however, is that the Clarets’ boss Sean Dyche is winless in three career H2H clashes against teams managed by Slaven Bilic (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: All five games in which Callum Robinson has scored in for WBA in all competitions ended over 2.5 goals (W2, D3), including four occasions scoring first or last in the match.
- Burnley’s Chris Wood has scored in a total of 15 PL away games playing for the ‘Clarets’, losing in only three of those (W9, D3, L3). He also has one goal in one Burnley appearance versus WBA.
- Hot stat: WBA have averaged only 1.75 corners per PL game this season – by far the lowest in the league ahead of the round.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST BROM – BURNLEY|
|31.03.18||PL||West Brom||Burnley||1 : 2|
|19.08.17||PL||Burnley||West Brom||0 : 1|
|06.05.17||PL||Burnley||West Brom||2 : 2|
|21.11.16||PL||West Brom||Burnley||4 : 0|
|08.02.15||PL||Burnley||West Brom||2 : 2|