Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 6-2 Nice Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Bayer Leverkusen – Nice Betting Tips for today, October 22, 2020
Football: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1
Kick-off: 17:55 Bayer Leverkusen – Nice
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 6:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Bayer Leverkusen host Nice in this Europa League (UEL) Group C clash, with the hosts hoping to rebalance their European H2H record against French opposition (W6, D4, L7 – GF 22 GA 23). They have not lost a single Bundesliga game this campaign (W1, D3) , with the last three witnessing the opening goal scored by the 30th minute.
- The hosts can also take confidence from the fact they are unbeaten in their last 12 home UEL/UEFA Cup group stage matches (W9, D3), with seven wins coming ‘to-nil. Entertaining second halves were a common theme for those games, with the vast majority (76%) of the match goals being scored after HT, and 64% in or after the 60th minute.
- There should be a winner one way or another, as Nice have never registered a single draw across their two historical UEL group stage campaigns (W5, L7). Additionally, seven of their eight European matches vs German opposition have been won/lost either way (W2, D1, L5). Just one of those eight fixtures witnessed goals at both ends.
- Netting first could be the visitors’ key to victory, as each of Nice’s last eight UEL away fixtures (qualifiers included) saw the victorious side on the day score first (W2, L6). However, the fact that Nice are yet to score a goal on German soil will not bring confidence to their fans, although just one road defeat in Ligue 1 this season (W2, D1, L1) provides some optimism.
- Players to watch: Leverkusen’s Lucas Alario found the net last time out in Bundesliga action, with each of his last six competitive goals being scored inside the opening 30 minutes.
- Nice’s top league scorer Amine Gouiri has scored the game’s second goal by the 30th minute in his two goalscoring Ligue 1 matches this campaign.
- Hot streak: Seven of Leverkusen’s last eight home UEL group stage matches have featured a level HT score.