Match Preview: West Ham 1-1 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
West Ham – Manchester City Betting Tips for today, October 24, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 6
Kick-off: 12:30 West Ham – Manchester City
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- West Ham United have recovered from back-to-back defeats at the start of the Premier League (PL) season, and have now gone three matches unbeaten against strong competition in Wolves, Leicester, and Tottenham (W2, D1). That run will be tested here, as they’ve lost nine straight H2Hs against Manchester City, conceding 3.33 goals on average across those.
- At home, the ‘Hammers’ opened with an uninspired 2-0 defeat this season, but have since won three straight competitive matches here by a margin of at least three goals. They are yet to concede a first-half goal at home this season, sporting a 5-0 accumulated goal difference across four first halves. Again, that will be tested, as City have been in front at HT in five straight H2Hs held here, outscoring the home side 12-1.
- City, meanwhile, got their shaky PL start (W2, D1, L1) back on track with a narrow 1-0 win in the last round. That was the first time in eight PL matches that the total goals tally was less than two, and their last ten PL fixtures actually averaged 3.7 total goals. They’ve scored at least four goals in five straight visits here, and notably, averaged 3.53 total goals away from home last season.
- The visitors have won whilst overcoming a -1.5 handicap in seven of their last nine wins against West Ham, and against all teams they’ve done so in 21 of their last 28 PL victories. However they’ve been vulnerable defensively, with both teams scoring in three of City’s four PL matches so far.
- Players to watch: Jarrod Bowen has three goals across West Ham’s last three PL matches, while red-hot Raheem Sterling has four goals in his last two visits here, and four goals across his last three competitive matches for City.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST HAM – MANCHESTER CITY|
|19.02.20||PL||Manchester City||West Ham||2 : 0|
|10.08.19||PL||West Ham||Manchester City||0 : 5|
|17.07.19||AT||Manchester City||West Ham||4 : 1|
|27.02.19||PL||Manchester City||West Ham||1 : 0|
|24.11.18||PL||West Ham||Manchester City||0 : 4|
Match Preview: Brighton - Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AEK Athens FC 0-3 FK Zorya Luhansk Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Olympiacos Piraeus 0-1 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League