Match Preview: Brighton 1-1 West Brom Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Brighton – West Brom Betting Tips for today, October 26, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 6
Kick-off: 18:30 Brighton – West Brom
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Brighton’s equal-worst start to a Premier League (PL) season since their return in 2017/18 includes two home defeats to members of the league’s ‘big six’, suggesting they are likely to welcome a clash against struggling West Bromwich Albion.
- However, Brighton’s last two PL seasons have seen them record victory from just two of their six home contests with newly promoted clubs (D2, L2). Furthermore, their win rate of just 25% as a home favourite (W3, D6, L3) last PL season – the second-worst of all 20 clubs – fails to inspire confidence.
- Fortunately for the hosts, promoted West Brom are one of the few clubs facing even greater struggles in their worst beginning to a PL season of the last decade. The visitors have failed to score in consecutive PL fixtures, despite a total of eight shots on goal across the two matches. However, it is their defending – which has seen them concede at least two goals in four of five PL games and has shipped margins of multiple goals in all three PL defeats – which must be of concern.
- Notably, the visiting side of the day has failed to score before HT in four of West Brom’s five 2020/21 PL matches – a pattern which they’ll be hoping to snap, not least because they lament a league-worst second-half goal difference of -9 at all venues. Despite that, the second half has been the highest scoring half in just two of their five PL fixtures this season.
- Players to watch: Neal Maupay’s three goal scoring appearances this PL season saw him register Brighton’s first goal in each.
- Midfielder Grady Diangana remains West Brom’s only player to record their opening goal of a PL 2020/21 away fixture.
- Hot stat: Seven of Brighton’s last eight PL home games against newly promoted clubs have produced two or fewer total goals.
|Head-to-head matches: BRIGHTON – WEST BROM|
|05.09.20||CF||Brighton||West Brom||0 : 0|
|06.02.19||FAC||West Brom||Brighton||1 : 3
(1 : 1)
|26.01.19||FAC||Brighton||West Brom||0 : 0|
|13.01.18||PL||West Brom||Brighton||2 : 0|
|09.09.17||PL||Brighton||West Brom||3 : 1|
Match Preview: Brighton - Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AEK Athens FC 0-3 FK Zorya Luhansk Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Olympiacos Piraeus 0-1 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League