Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Sheffield Utd – Manchester City Betting Tips for today, October 31, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 7
Kick-off: 13:30 Sheffield Utd – Manchester City
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sheffield United are still without a league win (D1, L5), and currently sport the worst average goal return per match (0.5) of any side to have played at least six Premier League (PL) fixtures. Despite this, four of their five league defeats this season have come by a single-goal margin, while six of their last seven conceded PL goals have arrived after the break.
- The ‘Blades’ also lost both H2Hs last season without finding the net, conceding all three goals across those matches in the second half. Additionally, Sheffield United took just one home point from nine against last season’s eventual top-three (GF 3, GA 5) with every goal conceded arriving between the 70th and 79th minutes of play.
- Manchester City, meanwhile, have recovered from their record-breaking 5-2 defeat against Leicester by going six matches unbeaten in all competitions (W4, D2), keeping a clean sheet in three of the four wins and scoring 2.0 goals on average. They’ve been ahead at HT in four of their last six matches in all competitions, and in three of five PL matches so far.
- Away from home, City are unbeaten in all competitions this season (W3, D2), but have been held to 1-1 draws in back-to-back away PL matches that featured precisely one goal in all halves and saw no goals scored past the hour mark. City have averaged 2.20 goals scored per match across their last ten competitive away fixtures.
- Players to watch: David McGoldrick has scored Sheffield United’s only two non-penalty goals in all competitions this season.
- Seasoned England international Raheem Sterling has netted five goals across City’s last six competitive matches. Notably, City have won by a margin of at least two goals in nine of his last 11 goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: City haven’t witnessed a goalless first half in 16 straight PL matches.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD UTD – MANCHESTER CITY|
|21.01.20||PL||Sheffield Utd||Manchester City||0 : 1|
|29.12.19||PL||Manchester City||Sheffield Utd||2 : 0|
|27.01.08||FAC||Sheffield Utd||Manchester City||2 : 1|
|26.12.06||PL||Sheffield Utd||Manchester City||0 : 1|
|14.10.06||PL||Manchester City||Sheffield Utd||0 : 0|