Match Preview: Lokomotiv Moscow 1-1 Atletico Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Lokomotiv Moscow – Atletico Madrid Betting Tips for today, November 3, 2020
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3
Kick-off: 18:55 Lokomotiv Moscow – Atletico Madrid
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- A 2-1 defeat at the weekend gave Lokomotiv Moscow a third consecutive loss by that scoreline, and strangely, the previous time they lost three games in a row (December 2019) they also met Atlético Madrid in the fourth, losing 2-0 after conceding in each half. That forms part of a run of four straight losses versus the Spanish outfit that started in March 2018, all of which saw a 2+ goal margin.
- Although they’ve finished bottom in their last two UEFA Champions League (UCL) group campaigns, and lost 12 of their last 15 group stage games (W2, D1), Lokomotiv did manage to challenge Bayern Munich in their last UCL match, before conceding a 79th minute winner. However that eventual 2-1 defeat was their seventh consecutive UCL game in which they conceded exactly two goals (D1, L6) – a run that started in the last H2H held here.
- Comfortable favourites Atlético saw their 3-1 win over Osasuna at the weekend extend their unbeaten start to the La Liga (LL) campaign (W4, D2), and made them one of just two teams across Europe’s top five divisions to not yet trail in a domestic league game during 2020/21.
- However they aren’t impenetrable, as shown by the 4-0 defeat at Bayern in their first UCL away game this season – the joint-heaviest European loss in Atlético’s history. In fact that made it four losses from their last five UCL games outside Spain, albeit they’ve never lost versus Russian opposition in Russia in continental competition (W5, D2).
- Players to watch: Anton Miranchuk scored Lokomotiv’s consolation goal after the 60th minute in their last two matches.
- João Félix keeps impressing with a brace in Atlético’s last two matches. He netted the opener in the previous two H2Hs.
- Hot streak: Atlético are enjoying their best-ever unbeaten LL streak (W13, D9), and the division’s joint-fourth longest run.
|Head-to-head matches: LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW – ATL. MADRID|
|11.12.19||CL||Atl. Madrid||Lokomotiv Moscow||2 : 0|
|01.10.19||CL||Lokomotiv Moscow||Atl. Madrid||0 : 2|
|15.03.18||EL||Lokomotiv Moscow||Atl. Madrid||1 : 5|
|08.03.18||EL||Atl. Madrid||Lokomotiv Moscow||3 : 0|
|25.10.07||EL||Lokomotiv Moscow||Atl. Madrid||3 : 3|
Match Preview: Werder Bremen - Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Willem II - Den Haag Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Leeds 3-0 Southampton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Juventus 3-0 Crotone Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A